The world of diamonds is wide, so much so that costly mistakes can be made in the absence of proper guidance. This article aims at guiding customers’ choices on where to buy lab-grown diamonds. Herein, it would be discussed that:
- James Allen is the best place to buy Lab-grown diamonds and is our best pick because of the following reasons:
- They have a very large collection of lab-grown diamonds, thereby giving customers enough options to choose from
- James Allen makes it easier to purchase diamonds. The site layout is excellent and puts the user into consideration.
- Lab-grown diamonds can be viewed in HD photos and videos from all angles before purchase.
- James Allen offers good customer care services. They are online 24/7 to attend to customers’ needs.
- As a company confident about their products, they also provide 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free shipping services are available to get lab-grown diamonds across to their buyers.
- Lab-grown diamonds can be purchased at affordable prices at James Allen.
- James Allen provides education on lab-grown diamonds so that informed choices can be made while purchasing.
Moreover, lab-grown diamonds and the advantages that they carry over earth made, or natural, diamonds will also be discussed.
- Lab-grown diamonds are formed in the laboratory using a diamond seed.
- They are optically and chemically similar to natural diamonds.
- Lab-grown diamonds have a neater, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly production process when compared to the mining process of the natural diamonds.
- Lab-grown diamonds are conflict-free. They have easily traceable origins.
- In the production of lab-grown diamonds, one has complete control over the process and can alter features to one’s taste. This is not possible in natural diamonds as they are already preformed in the earth thousands of years ago.
- Lab-grown diamonds would never run out of supply because producers can keep creating more. On the other hand, natural diamond mining sites can be depleted over time.
- They are beautiful to behold and modern in feel.
Lab-grown diamonds are the diamonds grown in the laboratory using the same chemical composition of natural diamonds but in a simulated environment. It is the perfect inclusion of diamonds in the diamond world and has brought a new wave into the business.
There are innumerable diamond dealers online who sell diamonds, whether natural or lab-grown. Others specialize in selling only the latter category diamonds.
Given the above points, it is rather justified to wonder where one can get lab-grown diamonds from.
Having examined several diamond vendors online, buying from James Allen can be confidently recommended.
James Allen has risen to be a leader in the online business of selling diamonds, whether natural or laboratory diamonds. They started in 2006, and between then and now, have built a solid reputation for quality.
James Allen is our choice for the following obvious reasons:
1. A Large Collection of Lab-grown Diamonds: One of the most important things in buying lab-grown diamonds is having enough options to choose from. It is not possible to decide outside of the available choices. Only by visiting the lab-grown diamonds page of James Allen will it become obvious that they do not intend to fool around. They have one of the largest collections of diamonds online, making it abundantly easier for buyers to get what they want. The different grades of lab-grown diamonds and different price ranges imply that nobody will feel excluded at James Allen.
2. Ease: Apart from having a large collection of diamonds, James Allen offers a well-organized and structured layout that makes it easy for visitors to navigate. Several lab-grown diamonds are available in each price range to select from. James Allen has perfected the art of selling lab-grown diamonds with ease and simplicity. Besides, it is extremely easy to go through their large diamond collection. To view the price range and the cut grade along with many other features, one only has to move the different sliders on the screen; the lab-grown diamonds available in the desired category would be displayed as a result. In case the default diamond list is not pleasing to the eye, it can be changed effortlessly.
3. High-Definition Display: The truth is that no two diamonds are the same, no matter how similar. Whether natural or lab-grown, it is therefore expedient that every customer can see and know exactly what they are buying. James Allen was the first to implement a 360-degree view of loose diamonds on their site, permanently removing the problem of visual inspection of diamonds. Also, high-definition pictures and videos of the diamonds available therein greatly help to guide customers’ choices.
4. Good Customer Care: Understanding that some people do not understand what lab-grown diamonds are and that there might be several questions regarding what to look out for when buying one, James Allen has perfected the art of being at people’s disposal every time need be. There is an option on the page that allows people to chat with an expert from the field to express their concerns or ask their questions. They provide relevant answers immediately and are polite in their tone. Exploring other contact options like calls and emails can also result in helpful information. Furthermore, they also offer 24-hour customer service so that people do not have to wait to be responded to.
5. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee and Free Shipping: James Allen gives customers a 30-day money back guarantee given their certainty about the quality of their lab-grown diamonds. This is not surprising as they have always prioritized the satisfaction and safety of their clients, allowing their customers to return their lab-grown diamonds within 30 days and get a full refund if they are not satisfied with them. In addition, James Allen offers free shipping.
6. Lower Prices: When compared to many offline diamond stores, lab-grown diamonds can be bought at affordable prices at James Allen. They are able to do this because they have a large collection and great deals with manufacturers. They also have lower maintenance costs for the lab-grown diamonds that are displayed, implying that customers can always get the best deals at James Allen.
7. Education on Lab-grown Diamonds: James Allen gives customers everything they need to know on their website; from explaining what lab-grown diamonds are and their composition to how they differ from other diamond alternatives. They understand that customers must make informed choices so that they can be satisfied with their purchase—one reason why they provide enough information.
In the paragraphs above, thorough light has been shed upon the reason why James Allen is the best place for buying lab-grown diamonds. They offer quality and ease at very reasonable prices and have something for everyone.
Laboratory Diamonds vs Natural Diamonds
Lab-grown diamonds are diamonds that are produced in the laboratory. These diamonds are entirely similar to natural diamonds given that they are derived from the structural arrangement of carbon atoms, which provides the observed physical and chemical properties.
Lab-grown diamonds are not synthetic diamonds; the kind that are not made from the same materials that diamonds are made from. Besides, they do not have the same structural or lattice arrangement and lack the brilliance and sparkle associated with diamonds.
Which should you choose?
Understanding the importance of making an informed decision, this article would enlighten readers on how to see a lab-grown diamond for what it is—a special type of diamond.
Since the introduction of lab-grown diamonds, a debate has been revolving around the ideal option between natural and lab-grown diamonds.
Even though lab-grown diamonds are relatively new, they are by no means substandard or inferior to natural diamonds. Do not forget that both lab-grown and natural diamonds are composed of the same carbon lattice structure that is responsible for the brilliance and sparkle of the diamond. The difference pertains only to the environment in which they are formed—the natural in the earth while the lab-grown in the laboratory.
There are many advantages to buying lab-grown diamonds, each examined below:
1. Neater, Environment Friendly, and Cheaper Method of Production: When companies want to mine earth made diamonds, it is always a tedious, expensive, and dangerous process. They must first sit down to examine prospective sites thoroughly and then estimate if the cost of mining diamonds would be offset by the number of diamonds they would potentially get from the site. The process of mining would require a lot of manpower—from geologists to engineers and drivers—and several types of equipment costing millions to purchase. Do not forget that the process is also very injurious to the environment because innumerable rocks are blown to bits and the ecosystem around the area is disrupted. In some sites, the people living close leave their homes because of the noise, the blast, and the effect on the living organisms in the area. Diamond companies know this, which is why they tend to compensate the communities where they mine. However, the question to ask is; what can compensate for damage to our ecosystem? Nothing.
In complete contrast to the natural mining process, producing lab-grown diamonds does not destroy anything or any organism. Everything is carried out entirely in a lab and one might not even know that a diamond is growing if not told so. Using the highest levels of technology, lab-grown diamonds have evolved to allow buyers to have the brilliance and sparkle of diamonds without doing any harm to the environment. They do not require as much manpower and equipment as the mining of natural diamonds from the earth.
2. Lower Prices: When compared to natural diamonds, lab-grown diamonds are cheaper. The reason for this is not far fetched: the cost of mining natural diamonds makes the diamonds more expensive. After adding the cost of manpower and the fact that the diamonds might not be high in quantity, it can be expected that natural diamonds would be more expensive than lab-grown diamonds—not essentially because they are of better quality, but because they have a higher cost of production. It, therefore, means that lab-grown diamonds would be more budget-friendly than natural diamonds. When looking to buy a diamond, instead of going for a natural one with a low cut grade, the same amount can be invested in buying a lab-grown diamond with a very good grade. It is estimated that as much as 30% of money can be saved in the process.
3. Conflict Free: Conflict free diamonds are diamonds with questionable origins, the sales, and profits from which are used to finance wars and terrorism. Also, such diamonds are usually mined using child labour and other illegal methods.
Such diamonds are bought unknowingly by many diamond lovers because their origins are difficult to trace. Once they are mined and introduced to the market, it can be very difficult to be certain about where they have come from. However, with lab-grown diamonds, one can always say with certainty where the diamonds are from since they are created, not mined. Also, there is no need for illegal mining or child slavery in their production because only people who understand science can operate the gadgets used in the production of diamonds. In other words, lab-grown diamonds are always conflict-free, which implies that one does not need to bother about indirectly financing a war somewhere.
4. Complete Control Over the Production Process: As is already known, natural diamonds are formed over years of compression from different forces. Man has no role to play in their formation; for he only gets to mine what has been produced. With lab-grown diamonds, however, the entire process can be controlled. This allows for the formation of the diamond to specifications, allowing its buyer to choose exactly how they want it to look and the amount of inclusion, if any, they prefer, among other modes of customization.
5. Lab-Grown Diamonds Do Not Run Out of Supply: Over the last decade, several means have been closed owing to the scarcity of diamonds that has probably resulted from continuous mining. A good example is the world’s largest mine, the Argyle mine, which is scheduled to close in 2020. According to the miners, it would be shut down due to the depletion of economically feasible quantities of diamonds. Natural diamonds are not created; they can only be mined. Mining is a deleting process that cannot be added to, though this is not the case with lab-grown diamonds. The latter can be made without relying on nature for constant supply because they do not rely on it.
6. Lab-grown Diamonds Are Beautiful and Modern: When looking for something born of tech, one of the latest inventions is the lab-grown diamonds that are optically appealing and alluring. The brilliance and sparkle observed in natural diamonds can also be seen in the lab-grown ones, besides also allowing people to feel that they are using one of the latest products of technological advancement.
In conclusion, it is obvious that with the high cost of mining, heavy equipment, manpower, and the depletion of diamond mines, the world is inadvertently turning towards the direction of lab-grown diamonds. These diamonds, apart from being environment friendly, do not involve the rigorous processes that natural diamonds have to go through before they are unearthed, nor do they harm anybody. This feature, coupled with many others, is one reason why lab-grown diamonds are comparatively cheaper without any compromise made on quality, brilliance, and sparkle. Buyers can be certain when buying them without fearing where their money would be used.